In Cinderella Phenomenon, the player plays as Lucette and is tasked to break her curse for being cruel and wicked princess by accomplishing three good deeds. As it is a visual novel, either a good or a bad ending is achieved depending on the player’s choices throughout the game. This is also Dicesuki‘s sophomore title and its first game funded by a crowdfunding campaign on Kickstarter. The game can be played for free on Steam or itch.io.
My responsibilities and accomplished tasks for this project involved the following:
- Creating a variables easier to switch between image and screen variations in script as the story flows.
- Revising a UI to make it more readable.
- Creating a UI that doesn’t have words in its images for easier transition in translations to other languages.
- Creating minimal animation for sprites and special effects.
- Creating the animated credits using pure code.
- Designing the Image Gallery, Music Room, & Credits screens.
- Production Duration: Feb 2016-April 2017
- Release Date: April 4, 2017
- Word Count: 235,636 words
- Downloads: 26,742 on itch.io and 56,714 players on Steam (as of October 19,2017)